|GW Design Studio Staff Photo|
ANYWAY....As this as an Imperial Guard blog and I an Imperial Guard player, here are the highlights from my POV:
1) Valkyries and Vultures can use Grav Chute Deployment to drop of Special Weapons Squads on turn 2. This is a favorite tactic of mine, especially for taking out the (now nerfed) Deathstar units Nobz & Paladins. Also,
2) Rough Riders are even more "Teh Suck". Even with a 12" move and the extra S3 attack at I10, their hunting lances are now AP 3. Probably because GW wants you to buy more Valkyrie models.
3) Leman Russes are WTF AWESOME. Let me get this straight: I can move 6" forward (or backward) and fire ALL THE GUNS at full BS of 3?!?!?!?! Including Lascannons, Heavy Bolters, and Stubbers?
4) Hydras are definitely NOT interceptor. It wasn't a typo. Also, it wasn't a omission that no armies got Skyfire missiles. My guess is that GW wants you to buy more flyers to shoot down the other flyers.
5) Look Out Sir! Shenanigans are history. Now LOS is allocated to the closest model to the Character. Also, those all-character units are now just plain-old infantry, so no LOS! or Precise Shots on a "6" to hit.
6) A lot of bullshit people were trying to pull to hit Flyers on regular BS got shut down. I love it when RAW players get told by GW to STFU :D And I THINK that those beam-attacks from the 1KSons that WTF PWND my Vendettas a few games back can't actually hit flyers, or if they are Witchfire need "6"s to hit.
I don't understand how these two entries are internally consistent:
Q: Does a weapon that hits automatically, still hit automatically when making a Snap Shot? (p13)
Q: How do maelstroms, novas and beams – or indeed any weapon that doesn’t need to roll To Hit or hits automatically – interact with Zooming Flyers and Gliding Flying Monstrous Creatures? (p13)
A: Only Snap Shots can hit Zooming Flyers and Gliding Flying Monstrous Creatures. Therefore, any attacks that use blast markers, templates, create a line of/area of effect or otherwise don’t roll to hit cannot target them. This includes weapons such as the Necron Doom Scythe’s death ray or the Deathstrike missile of the Imperial Guard, and psychic powers that follow the rule for maelstroms, beams, and